Looking for a company where you can be part of a team that excels in technology driven customer engagement? Then you want to join Ascend Marketing.
Ascend Marketing is an innovator in the customer engagement space, bringing a new approach to solving the challenges of true customer engagement. The Ascend Marketing Tech team is responsible for business-critical software solutions.
As an entry-level Software Developer on the Tech team, you’ll create amazing experiences for our users.
- Develop software solutions to resolve our customers’ needs.
- Communicate clearly with engineering and product stakeholders about development decisions and tradeoffs.
- Participate in design reviews, implementation reviews, and ad hoc conversations around how to approach client-side application development.
- Foundation in CS fundamentals (OOP, run-time complexity, data structures, "algorithmic thinking").
· Foundation in SQL and some experience working with databases.
- Detail-oriented personality.
- Openness to learn and be flexible.
· B.S. in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
· Knowledge of JQuery, React.js and Redux (or other Flux implementations).
· Knowledge of languages such as PHP and/or Ruby.
· Knowledge of relational database systems such as MySQL.
· Working knowledge of CMS framework such as WordPress and/or Drupal.
· Knowledge of responsive design + development.
· Knowledge of writing command-line scripts.
Please note, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
In your cover letter please provide a response to the following questions. Please note submissions submitted without a cover letter, with answers to these questions, will not be considered:
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
- Rate your skill level in HTML on the following scale: Expert, Intermediate, Beginner, Not Used.
- Rate your skill level in CSS on the following scale: Expert, Intermediate, Beginner, Not Used.
- Rate your skill level in SQL on the following scale: Expert, Intermediate, Beginner, Not Used.
- If offered a position, how soon could you start?
About Ascend Marketing
Ascend Marketing is an award-winning marketing services firm based in Texas with offices in Grapevine and Austin. Ascend is an established expert in the customer engagement arena, providing a range of services including strategy, data management, creative services, multi-channel marketing execution, and business intelligence and analytics.
Ascend helps clients achieve the vision of total customer engagement through complete, end-to-end customer lifecycle marketing solutions.
Founded in 2004, Ascend employs over 50 marketing and technology professionals. Ascends clients range from Fortune 100 Companies through well-funded startups.
We’re a great company to work for. We care for our people and our customers and have an enjoyable work environment. We’re a positive, cooperative and professional organization that also values good written and verbal communication skills.
If this role interests you, please apply below. Paste in your resume and cover letter that communicates your interest and highlights your experience in the areas above. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.