Ascend Marketing is looking for a Front End Developer with proven strategic, developments and critical thinking skills with a passion and expertise for building sophisticated applications across our business and client engagements. You will write smart, effective and well tested code across all layers of our platform. You will be part of a highly collaborative team that develops strategy, programs and peer reviews code to help Ascend and our clients achieve our respective business goals.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline and 6+ years practical experience.
- Ability to create well-formatted HTML5 layouts, understanding of web standards
- Functional Photoshop and basic image manipulation skills
- Strong WordPress Development experience (thorough understanding of WordPress APIs, particularly the Plugin API)
- Strong in Front-end (CSS) framework like Foundation or Bootstrap
- Strong experience in Back-end programming languages Python and Node.js, etc.
- Strong experience in CSS Preprocesors like Saas or LESS
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
- Server-side languages such as Node.js, Jade, EJS, Jinja, etc.
- Experience with chatbot APIs and usage of push notifications.
- Strong knowledge of modern web techniques such as JAMstack
- Strong hands-on experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Strong architecture skills in both front end and back end
- Practical experience with REST
- Deep understanding of SaaS
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL systems
- Strong object-oriented design techniques and reusable component design
- Expert with GIT, can rebase or cherry-pick, do complex merges and fix it when problem happens.
- Strong sense of design.
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with online advertising world.
- Excellent communication skills and great team player.
- Converting ideas and designs into technical specifications with novel implementations
- Provides thought and innovative thinking regarding the latest digital marketing trends, emerging technologies, Content Management and Advanced Website Development
- Coding new WordPress themes and plugins from scratch and modifying existing themes and plugins
- Maintaining and administering WordPress installations
- Performing SEO optimizations and implementing website statistic tracking and analytics
- Working with professionally layered Photoshop/Sketch documents to create web optimized images
- Advocate for strong Agile development methodologies, pair programming, automated testing, continuous integration.
- Lead and assist teammates by providing advice and guidance, training, code reviews.
- Collaborate with Other Node and/or Python developers in designing solutions across the stack.
- Collaborate with Product and UI/UX teams to design and build responsive, data rich tools for our customers.
- Build systems which integrate with Third Party Systems.
NO SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION. U.S. CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS ONLY.
About Ascend Marketing
Ascend Marketing is an expert in the Customer Engagement arena, specifically within Journey Marketing. Ascend provides a range of services including strategic marketing, advanced data analytics, digital marketing, creative services, and advanced technology. Founded in 2004, Ascend provides marketing services to companies that range from well-funded startups to the Fortune 100, including Verizon, Nokia, and Acorda Therapeutics among others.
Send your resume to Victoria Milner at email@example.com with a cover letter that communicates your interest in the position and highlights your qualifications in the areas above. Please note that portfolios of work samples will be required for qualified candidates. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.