The responsibilities of the Front-End Web Developer include the following. Coding and creating the visual front-end elements of software, application and websites to capture the clients vision and needs. Creating computing components/features that are directly viewable and accessible by the end user or client. Ensuring that the visual front end is free of errors and looks exactly as designed. Validating that the software/website has the same visibility across different computing and mobile Web browsers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
In addition, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is important.
About Ascend Marketing
Ascend Marketing is a TX-based company with offices in Grapevine and Austin. Ascend has established itself as an expert in the Customer Engagement arena, specifically within Journey Marketing. Ascend Marketing provides a range of services including marketing, data, digital, creative services, and advanced technology. Founded in 2004, Ascend employs close to 50 professionals and services companies that range from well-funded startups to the Fortune 100, including Verizon, Frontier, Nokia, and Acorda Therapeutics among others.
If this describes you, send your resume to Victoria Milner at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter that communicates your interest in the position and highlights your qualifications in the areas above. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.