The business intelligence analyst is responsible for analyzing data to understand market trends, increase profitability, and improve marketing efficiencies. A thorough understanding of the current state of the organization and market place is necessary. The candidate must be meticulous about producing quality work and have excellent communication skills.
Business intelligence analysts work closely with the marketing operations teams and regularly provides strategic input based on past/current/future (modeling) trends seen in the data. In addition, business intelligence analysts serve as liaisons between business and technical teams and often translates technical BI tool requirements to the technical team.
In particular, this person should be proficient SQL and creating dashboards using Tableau, Qlik, or other Business Intelligence applications in order to support Ascend Marketing’s reporting platform and strategy. This position will be supporting various stages of the end-to-end report development lifecycle, with specific responsibilities related to the requirements, architecture, design, and implementation reporting tools.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Support the development, optimization, and enhancement of dashboards in BI Reporting Tools.
- Support the maintenance of production dashboards in BI Reporting Tools.
- Support the analysis of requirements, design specifications, development, and technical and user documentation of report development through direct interaction with internal/external customers.
- Leads activities to help understand business objectives, assumptions and constraints related to a particular question/problem where reporting tools can serve as a solution.
- Must be proficient in SQL, knowledge of R desired
- Must have Tableau experience
- Experience in data modeling desired
- Experience in QlikView or QlikSense desired
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with Data Analytics/Math/Engineering/other similar field
- Minimum of 3 years related experience REQUIRED
ABOUT ASCEND MARKETING
Ascend Marketing is a TX-based company with offices in Grapevine and Austin. Ascend has established itself as an expert in the Customer Engagement arena, specifically within Journey Marketing. Ascend Marketing provides a range of services including marketing, data, digital, creative services, and advanced technology. Founded in 2004, Ascend employs close to 50 professionals and services companies that range from well-funded startups to the Fortune 100, including Verizon, Frontier, Nokia, and Acorda Therapeutics among others.
If this describes you, send your resume to Victoria Milner at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter that communicates your interest in the position and highlights your qualifications in the areas above. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.