Very informative blog post from Hootsuite on lessons learned from five of the Most Successful Marketing Campaigns of the Last Decade.
Here’s a quick recap of those lessons we can all learn from:
- Ignore conventional marketing. Instead be memorable.
- Make your audience a part of the campaign.
- Distinguish your brand from the competition.
- Know your audience and cater ads to their interests.
- Use humor.
- Take risks.
- Play to people’s emotions.
- Don’t be afraid to put your product on the sidelines.
- Support a meaningful cause and share it with your audience.
- Try to start a movement with your brand at the center of it.