Ascend is looking for an Email Production Specialist to support our Marketing Operations and Digital Production teams. A strong candidate must have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience building, coding, testing and executing email campaigns using HTML/CSS programming. This includes, but is not limited to - email channel, data/list management, dynamic email programming, responsive email design/programming concepts, SMS/MMS initiatives, requirements authoring, testing, optimization and deployment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in meetings and discussions with strategic partners to build strong working relationships
- Collaborate with business sponsors to understand project scope and define sponsor requirements
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive business requirements
- Develop and/or optimize emails using HTML & CSS based on business sponsor requirements
- Ensure that email functionality works within a variety of browsers and devices
- Develop and execute detailed test strategies and test plans
- Facilitate and participate in continuous process improvement initiatives
- May solve routine support problems
- Assist Marcom team with various aspects of the production work
- Work independently with minimal supervision, while also being a strong team player
- Multitask and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment with conﬂicting deadlines
- Bring strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong HTML and CSS knowledge is required
- Strong understanding of responsive email design and programming concepts
- Working knowledge of ESPs like Marketo, Eloqua, Kitewheel, and Exact Target
- Working knowledge of campaign management tools
- Performing data entry while checking for accuracy
- Ability to convey technical information clearly and concisely to variety of audiences
- Experience with project and document management tools like Basecamp and SharePoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with FTP clients is a plus
- Bachelor degree in business or technical discipline
Please note, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
About Ascend Marketing
Ascend Marketing is an award-winning marketing services firm based in Texas with offices in Grapevine and Austin. Ascend is an established expert in the customer engagement arena, providing a range of services including strategy, data management, creative services, multi-channel marketing execution, and business intelligence and analytics.
Ascend helps clients achieve the vision of total customer engagement through complete, end-to-end customer lifecycle marketing solutions.
Founded in 2004, Ascend employees over 50 marketing and technology professionals. Ascend’s clients range from Fortune 100 Companies through well-funded startups.
We’re a great company to work for. We care for our people and our customers and have an enjoyable work environment. We’re a positive, cooperative and professional organization that also values good written and verbal communication skills.
If this role interests you, please apply below. Paste in your resume and cover letter that communicates your interest and highlights your experience in the areas above. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.