Imagine a new kind of marketing partner; one that helps clients fully transform their marketing to attain the vision of next-level customer engagement . This is Ascend. We’re a team of dedicated and talented people with years of marketing experience.
Do you find personal satisfaction in tackling tough problems and adapting to unexpected challenges? Do you take JS console bugs personally? Do you pride yourself on clean, performant and accessible code? If so, read on.
We’re looking for a Website Developer with a passion for building great digital experiences that are functionally and visually appealing. You’ll work in our Digital Best Practices Group among peers and project leaders who love exploring the application of new technologies with an eye towards marketing.
Our desire is to find a Front-End Web Developer who combines the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include UI design and the actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will span the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
So, if you have 2-5 years of on the job experience, and you are a tech savvy versatile problem solver that enjoys taking on a wide variety of challenges that vary; this is a position you will want to explore. Your work will include building and maintaining web-sites and web-based apps, configuring CMS systems, integrating web analytics, and troubleshooting coding/programming problems. In addition, this position will support our Marketing Operations and Digital Production teams. We need your experience and expertise building, coding, testing and executing email campaigns using HTML/CSS programming. This includes, but is not limited to – email templates, marketing landing pages, troubleshooting, desktop and mobile, data/list management/segmentation, dynamic/personalized email programming, responsive email design/programming concepts, requirements authoring, testing, optimization and deployment.
Specifically we want to hear about your experience in the following:
- Website front end development, this is not a graphic designer role
- Working with established design direction to create layouts that adhere to brand standards / creative direction
- Working with wireframes and applying layout and code
- Responsive interface design
- Working with Litmus and adjusting for deliverability
- Basic coding for application development: PHP and SQL/MySQL (LAMP)
- Web analytics integration, measurement and optimization
- Content management systems, including themes, templates and plug ins
Your background will hopefully contain some of what’s listed below:
- Agile development methodology
- Responsive and Adaptive web design
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation technologies
- Database systems and integration:
- Velocity Code
- Microsoft Sharepoint with client side or web parts programming
- Strong understanding of responsive email design and programming concepts
- Working knowledge of ESPs like Marketo, Eloqua, Kitewheel, and Exact Target
- Working knowledge of campaign management tools
And of course we need you to have:
- Ability to convey technical information clearly and concisely to variety of audiences
- Experience with project and document management tools like Basecamp and SharePoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with FTP clients is a plus
- Bachelor degree in business or technical discipline
About Ascend Marketing
Ascend Marketing is a TX-based company with offices in Grapevine and Austin. Ascend has established itself as an expert in the Customer Engagement arena, specifically within Journey Marketing. Ascend Marketing provides a range of services including marketing, data, digital, creative services, and advanced technology. Founded in 2004, Ascend employs close to 50 professionals and services companies that range from well-funded startups to the Fortune 100, including Verizon, Frontier, Nokia, and Acorda Therapeutics among others.
If this describes you, send your resume to Victoria Milner at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter that communicates your interest in the position and highlights your qualifications in the areas above. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.